The PingDirectory Server Administration Guide makes several tuning recommendations to help ensure software runs smoothly.
- Configure file descriptor limits.
- Configure process limits.
- Apply recommended filesystem tuning.
- Disable filesystem swapping.
- Configure filesystem event monitoring limits.
- Tune the I/O scheduler.
- Tune memory management.
- Manage OS-level environment variables.
- Configure the system to allow the PingDirectory software to listen on privileged ports while running as a non-root user.