Page created: 12 Sep 2019 |
Page updated: 18 Mar 2020
- Ensure you are logged on to your system with appropriate privileges to uninstall an application.
Verify the installation medium in
The existence of a PingFederate entry indicates that PingFederate was previously installed using the PingFederate installer for Windows; otherwise, it was installed using a distribution ZIP file.
Installation medium Steps PingFederate installer for Windows
- (Optional) Make a backup copy of the PingFederate installation directory (<pf_install>).
- Use to uninstall PingFederate, which removes the PingFederate service and the installation directory.
Distribution ZIP file
- Open the management console.
- Right-click on the PingFederate service (if found) and select Stop, and then run uninstall-service.bat from the <pf_install>\pingfederate\sbin subdirectory that corresponds to your platform processor.
- Optional: Remove the PingFederate installation directory (<pf_install>).