An administrator can manually enable or disable the use of expressions in PingFederate by editing a configuration file.
If the current configuration contains expressions, disabling the feature causes errors during runtime processing.
When importing a configuration archive that uses expression mapping, the feature is enabled automatically.
Edit the org.sourceid.common.ExpressionManager.xml file,
located in the
If you have a clustered PingFederate environment, edit the configuration file on the console node.
Change the value of the element named evaluate Expressions to either
falseand save the file; for example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <config xmlns="http://www.sourceid.org/2004/05/config"> <item name="evaluateExpressions">true</item> </config>Note:
The absence of a value (the installed default) does not necessarily disable the use of expressions. To facilitate backward compatibility, when no value is present, configuration archives containing expressions can be imported successfully, and further use of the feature is enabled. (The term “silent” is used for this condition in the server log.)
If you have a stand-alone PingFederate environment, start or restart
If you are enabling expressions to use for mapping outbound provisioning attributes, it is not necessary to restart the PingFederate server.
If you have a clustered PingFederate environment:
- Sign on to the PingFederate administrative console.
- On the Replicate Configuration. screen, click
- The Source list under each of the administrative-console contract fulfillment screens.
- The Show Advanced Criteria section on the Issuance Criteria screen following each of the administrative-console contract fulfillment screens.
- The provisioning attribute-mapping screen (when the Outbound Provisioning protocol is enabled).