Page created: 12 Sep 2019 |
Page updated: 18 Mar 2020
If you have installed PingFederate using the installer for Windows, skip these steps because PingFederate has already been configured to run as a service and started automatically at the end of the installation process.
- Request a license key via the Ping Identity licensing website.
- Ensure you are logged on to your system with appropriate privileges to install and run an application.
- Verify that the Java runtime is installed and the required environment variables are set correctly (see Installing Java).
- Download and extract the distribution ZIP file into an installation directory (<pf_install>).
- Start PowerShell or Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- In PowerShell or Command Prompt, run the <pf_install>\pingfederate\sbin\win-x86-64\install-service.bat file to install the service.
- Open the management console.
- Right-click on the PingFederate service and select Start.
Similar to other services, the PingFederate service is installed and configured to start automatically on reboot.