If you used the PingFederate installer for Windows to install the previous version of PingFederate, you can use it to upgrade to the current version of PingFederate.
- Read the Upgrading PingFederate topic for an overview of the upgrade process.
- Ensure that you are logged on to your server with appropriate privileges to install and run an application.
Upgrade results are contained in the upgrade.log file. If the upgrade succeeds, upgrade.log is located in <pf_install_target>\pingfederate\upgrade\log. If the upgrade fails, upgrade.log is located in <pf_install_target>. The default location for <pf_install_target> is C:\Program Files\Ping Identity. Administrators can change the location during the upgrade process.
The PingFederate installer for Windows does not support custom mode. If you want to override the newer default security settings or upgrade the OpenToken Adapter, use the PingFederate Upgrade Utility.
If you are upgrading a clustered PingFederate environment, start with the console node, and then follow the additional steps to upgrade the engine nodes.
- Download the PingFederate installer for Windows from the Ping Identity website.
- Double-click the pingfederate-10.1.0.msi file to begin the upgrade.
Follow the instructions in the PingFederate Setup Wizard to upgrade
Errors are rare, but might include problems such as missing or malformed configuration files in the source installation. If the upgrade tool reports an error, review the error messages in the upgrade.log file.Note:
You can rerun the tool as many times as needed to correct any problems.
When the tool completes the upgrade, it automatically starts the new PingFederate installation.
If you are upgrading a clustered PingFederate environment, repeat from step
1 to upgrade PingFederate on each engine node.
End users might experience disruptions while you upgrade your PingFederate environment.
Start the new PingFederate installation and open the administrative
If you are upgrading a clustered PingFederate environment, start the new PingFederate instance on the console node.
If you are upgrading a clustered PingFederate environment:
- Start the new installation on each engine node, and then ensure all nodes are shown on the window.
- Click Replicate Configuration on the Cluster Management window.