After defining a local identity profile, associate it with an instance of the HTML Form Adapter for PingFederate to leverage the HTML Form Adapter to present users the options to authenticate through third-party identity providers, self-register as part of the sign-on experience, and manage their accounts through a self-service profile management page.
For registration and profile management, ensure the HTML Form Adapter instance is configured to validate credentials stored in PingDirectory. This validation configuration is not required if your use case does not involve registration or profile management. For more information, see Enabling third-party identity providers without registration.
- Go to the .
- To create a new HTML Form Adapter instance, click Create New Instance or to reuse an existing instance, click on its name.
On the IdP
Adapter tab, from the Password Credential Validator
Instance list, select the LDAP Username Password Credential Validator
instance that has been set up to validate credentials stored on your
Skip this step if your use case does not involve registration or profile management.
- On the IdP Adapter tab, from the Local Identity Profile list, select a local identity profile.
- Click Next and complete the rest of the configuration tabs.
- On the Summary tab, click Done. This will open the Manager IdP Adapter Instances window.
- In the Manager IdP Adapter Instances window, click Save to save all changes.