You can configure the authentication requirements used to validate outbound messages in PingFederate.
- On the Back-Channel Authentication tab, in the Send to your partner section, click Configure.
On the Outbound SOAP Authentication Type tab, choose one or
more authentication methods.
- HTTP Basic
- When selected, the administrative console prompts you to enter the credentials on the Basic SOAP Authentication (Outbound) tab.
- You must obtain these credentials from your partner.
- SSL Client Certificate
- Applicable only if you specify an endpoint that uses HTTPS.
- When selected, the administrative console prompts you to specify your client
certificate on the SSL Authentication Certificate tab.
If you have not yet created or imported the client certificate, click
Manage Certificates to do so. For more information,
see Manage SSL client keys and certificates.Important:
When exporting this client certificate for your partner, choose the Certificate Only option.
- Digital Signature (Browser SSO profile only)
- You select a signing certificate on the Digital Signature Settings tab.
- This option leverages on the digital signature of the message.
- Perform validation on partner's SSL server certificate when SSL used
- By default, PingFederate validates your partner's HTTPS server certificate, verifying that the certificate chain is rooted by a trusted certificate authority (CA) and that the hostname matches the certificate's common name (CN).
- Clear the associated check box if you do not want this validation to occur.
These options can be used in any combination or independently.
On the Summary tab, review your configuration and perform one
of the following tasks.
- Amend your configuration
- Click the corresponding tab title and then follow the configuration wizard to complete the task.
- Keep your changes
- Click Done and continue with the rest of the
When editing an existing configuration, you can also click Save as soon as the administrative console offers the opportunity to do so.
- Discard your changes
- Click Cancel.