Page created: 9 Feb 2021 |
Page updated: 22 Sep 2021
A specific table is required in order for PingFederate to store account links on your database server. Table-setup scripts are provided for supported database servers.
- Create a database for account linking using one of the table-setup scripts located in the <pf_install>/pingfederate/server/default/conf/account-linking/sql-scripts directory.
- Go to PingFederate to the database. For more information, see Configuring a JDBC connection. and create a new datastore to connect
- On the Data Stores window, copy the system ID of the new account-linking datastore.
file, located in the
directory, replace the
<c:item name="PingFederateDSJNDIName"/>element value with the system ID of your datastore connection and save the file.Note:
For a clustered PingFederate environment, edit this file on the administrative console node first, and then replicate to other engine nodes using as explained in later steps.
For example, if the system ID is
JDBC-123456789ABCDEF123456789ABCDEF123456A0AC, update the org.sourceid.saml20.service.impl.AccountLinkingServiceDBImpl.xml file as follows.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <c:config xmlns:c="http://www.sourceid.org/2004/05/config"> <c:item name="PingFederateDSJNDIName">JDBC-123456789ABCDEF123456789ABCDEF123456A0AC</c:item> </c:config>
- Start or restart PingFederate.
- If you are running PingFederate in a cluster, go to and replicate this change to other runtime servers.