Configure the datastore to search for a user's authentication starting with the base distinguished name (DN) and attributes within the LDAP directory.
Later you will associate the local identity profile with an HTML Form Adapter instance and apply the profile in an identity provider (IdP) authentication policy as part of the customer IAM configuration. If your use case requires registration or profile management, the policy engine must look up the users as they access the registration page or the profile management page. The scope of this search begins at the base DN defined here.
For this reason, the base DN here should match the value of the Search Base field defined in the LDAP Username Password Credential Validator instance used by the associated HTML Form Adapter instance.
For more information about each field, refer to the following table.
|The base distinguished name of the tree structure where PingFederate stores customer identities.
|Root Object Class
|The object class containing the desired attributes.
|A list of attributes based on the selected Root Object Class value.
- Go to .
On the Data Store Configuration tab, click
Configure Data Store.
This will open a Data Store window.
- On the LDAP Configuration tab, enter the applicable fields.
- In the User DN field, specify a base DN.
- Optional: Click View Local Identity Fields to determine which attributes from the directory server should be added to the local identity profile.
From the LDAP Configuration tab, click
This will open the LDAP Binary Attributes tab.
On the LDAP Binary Attributes tab, add attributes.
- Enter a name in the Binary Attribute Name.
- Click Add.
- Select a root object class, select an applicable attribute, and then click Add Attribute.
Repeat this step to add more attributes as needed.
- Click Done. Click Save.