Page created: 29 Jan 2021 |
Page updated: 22 Sep 2021
If you have not installed PingFederate using the installer for Windows, you can install the PingFederate service manually.
- Request a license key through the Ping Identity licensing website
- Ensure you are logged on to your system with sufficient privileges to install and run an application.
- Verify that you have installed the Java runtime and that you have set the required environment variables correctly. See Installing Java in the PingFederate Server documentation.
If you have installed PingFederate using the installer for Windows, skip these steps, because PingFederate has already been configured to run as a service and to start automatically at the end of the installation process.
- Download the distribution .zip file from the Ping Identity website. The distribution .zip file is identical for both Windows and Linux.
- Extract the file into an installation directory, <pf_install>.
- Start PowerShell or Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Run the <pf_install>\pingfederate\sbin\win-x86-64\install-service.bat file.
- Open the management console.
- Right-click the PingFederate service and select Start.
PingFederate service starts automatically on reboot.