You can install PingFederate on a Linux system using the distribution .zip file.
- See System requirements for a list of qualified Linux operating systems.
- Request a license key through the Ping Identity licensing website.
- Ensure you are signed on to your system with sufficient privileges to install and run an application. You must install and run PingFederate under a local user account.
- Verify that you have installed the Java runtime and that you have set the required environment variables correctly. For more information, see Installing Java.
- Download the latest version of the PingFederate Server distribution .zip file from the Downloads website.
- Extract the file into the target installation directory.
Start PingFederate manually by running the following script.
To configure PingFederate to run as a service, follow the steps in Installing PingFederate service on Linux manually.
The startup process is complete when the following message appears near the end of the sequence.
If your organization plans to manage keys and certificates using a hardware security module (HSM), see Supported hardware security modules.