Configuring local identity fields determines which fields will be displayed as input controls on the user registration and profile management pages.
When registration is enabled for a local identity profile, select a local identity field to be the unique identifier for the purpose of identifying the users. To enable email ownership verification, add a field to store the email address and another field to store the verification status. While the former can be any field that uses the Email or Text input control, the latter must use the Hidden input control.
- On the Fields tab, click Create New Field.
- In the ID field, enter a unique identifier. The ID references the field throughout the user interface and is the field name in the HTML template.
- In the Label field, type the field name that users see on the user registration and profile management pages.
- From the Type list, select the type of input control for the field being configured.
Under Applies To, select one or both options to configure
this field to appear on the user registration page, the profile management page, or
both. Both options are selected by default.
This step is applicable only if both Enable Registration and Enable Profile Management are enabled on the Profile Info tab.
Select the relevant parameters under Parameters.
You can make a non-hidden field required or read-only. You can also configure PingFederate not to record values from this field in logs.
Enter a value under Default Value.
Specifying a default value can streamline the registration process. This is the default value of the field unless another value is specified in the authentication policy. For more information, see Configuring local identity mapping.
Default Value is not shown if you have chosen an input control of Checkbox group, Email, Phone, or Hidden, or the Read-Only parameter.
Add the applicable predefined values under Options.
This step is applicable and required only if you have chosen Checkbox Group or Dropdown as the input control.
The administrative console returns to the Fields tab.
Select the Unique ID option for the applicable field. This
is applicable and required only if registration is enabled on the Profile
You cannot choose any field that uses the Checkbox, Checkbox Group, Date, or Dropdown input control as a unique identifier, because values from these fields will likely collide as the population of users grows.
- Clear the check box beside Strip Leading/Trailing Spaces From the Value of the Unique ID Field only if you do not want to check for leading and trailing spaces in the unique ID field.
- Select Mask All OGNL-Expression Generated Log Values if you want to mask local identity field values in logs when OGNL expressions might be used to map derived values into outbound single sign-on (SSO) tokens in authentication policies.
- Click Next.