Developers can install and use the PingFederate OAuth Playground to experiment with OAuth and OpenID Connect.
Acting as both a client and a resource server, the OAuth Playground simulates authorization requests, responses, and token validation. These features can help you integrate OAuth and OpenID Connect protocols into your applications.
To install the OAuth Playground, perform the following procedure. For more information, including the credentials needed for some OAuth grants, see the ReadMeFirst file in the OAuth Playground .zip file.
Get the OAuth Playground files:
- In a browser, go to the Developer Tools page on the Ping Identity website.
- Click the OAuth Playground Download button. If requested, log in to your Ping Identity account. Your browser downloads the OAuth Playground .zip file.
- Extract the contents from the .zip file.
Install the OAuth Playground:
- Copy the contents of the /dist/deploy directory to /pingfederate/server/default/deploy in PingFederate.
- Merge the contents of the /dist/conf directory into /pingfederate/server/default/conf in PingFederate.
Configure the OAuth Playground:
- Open the OAuth Playground by going to https://<pf_host>:9031/OAuthPlayground in a browser.
- Click the Setup button. The Setup wizard appears.
- Follow the wizard's instructions.
The Setup button appears only the first time that you configure the OAuth Playground. To reconfigure the OAuth Playground, click Settings on the taskbar. On the Settings window, click the Set Up Again button. Then following the wizard's instructions.