Page created: 5 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 5 Jul 2022
PingFederate records document server events depending on your configuration preferences.
PingFederate generates these logs that document server events:
- Records actions performed by administrative console users.
- Records detailed information about each applicable administrative console event performed by administrative console users if detailed event logging is enabled.
- Records actions performed by administrative-API users.
- Records actions performed by API users using the OAuth Client Management Service, the OAuth Access Grant Management Service, and the Session Revocation API.
- Records individual identity-federation runtime transactions at specified levels of detail.
- Records a selected, configurable subset of transaction log information plus additional details, intended for security-audit and regulatory compliance purposes.
- Records outbound provisioning events, intended for security-audit purposes.
- Records only provisioning activity.
- Records PingFederate runtime and administrative server activities.
- Records only Jetty messages generated prior to PingFederate start up.
These log files are written to the PingFederate log directory. The default location is the <pf_install>/pingfederate/log directory. As needed, administrators can change the log directory by modifying the pf.log.dir property in the <pf_install>/pingfederate/bin/run.properties file.