You can create, modify, update, or deactivate accounts in the Administrative Accounts window.
, and then perform any of the following actions.
Task Steps Create a local account
- On the Administrative Accounts window, click Create User.
- On the User Information tab, enter a username and
other optional information.Note:
If you want PingFederate to notify the user about password changes via email, you must supply an email address.
- On the Password Generation tab, enter a password
or click Generate one-time password to generate a
random password for the account.Note:
Upon successful authentication, the user will be required to change the password of the account immediately.
- On the Summary tab, review your configuration, modify as needed, and then click Done.
- On the Administrative Accounts window, select the applicable account type, Auditor or Admin, and one or more administrative roles for an Admin account.
- Repeat these steps to create additional accounts.
Modify user information
- On the Administrative Accounts window, select the
account by its username.Note:
Applicable only to active accounts.
- On the User Information window, update the record, and then click Done.
- Repeat these steps to update other accounts.
Update role assignments
- Select a different account type, Auditor or Admin, for one or more accounts.
- Select or clear the check boxes that correspond to the three
administrative roles, User Admin,
Admin, and Crypto Admin
for one or more accounts.Note:
Applicable only to the Admin accounts.
Deactivate or reactive a native
- Click Deactivate or Activate under Action.
- Repeat this step to deactivate or reactive other accounts.Note:
For traceability and accountability purposes, local accounts cannot be deleted Their records are retained and they can be reactivated if needed.
- To keep your configuration, click Save.