Page created: 22 Feb 2021 |
Page updated: 8 Feb 2022
Configure the Facebook IdP Adapter to determine how PingFederate communicates with the Facebook API.
In the PingFederate
administrative console, create a new IdP adapter instance:
- For PingFederate 10.1 or later: go to . Click Create New Instance.
- For PingFederate 10.0 or earlier: go to . Click Create New Instance.
On the Type tab, set the basic adapter instance
- In the Instance Name field, enter a name for the adapter instance.
- In the Instance ID field, enter a unique identifier for the adapter instance.
- In the Type list, select Facebook IdP Adapter. Click Next.
On the IdP Adapter screen, in the Scope
Permissions section, add any additional Facebook scopes that you want to request.
For more information, see Facebook permissions.
- Click Add a new row to 'Scope Permissions'.
- In the Additional Facebook Scope Permissions field, enter the name of a scope.
- In the Action column, click Update.
- To add more scopes, repeat steps a-c.
- On the IdP Adapter tab, configure the adapter instance by referring to Facebook IdP Adapter settings reference. Click Next.
- On the Extended Contract tab, add any attributes that you want to include in the contract. Click Next.
- On the Adapter Attributes tab, set pseudonym and masking options as shown in Set pseudonym and masking options in the PingFederate documentation. Click Next.
- On the Adapter Contract Mapping tab, configure the contract fulfillment details for the adapter as shown in Define the IdP adapter contract in the PingFederate documentation. Click Next.
On the Summary tab, check and save your configuration:
- For PingFederate 10.1 or later: click Save.
- For PingFederate 10.0 or earlier: click Done. On the Manage IdP Adapter Instances tab, click Save.