Page created: 24 Jul 2019 |
Page updated: 8 Feb 2022
To allow PingFederate to process sign-on requests using Facebook, add PingFederate as a sign-on provider in Facebook.
- Sign on to the Facebook developer apps page.
Create the app.
- Click Create App.
- On the Select an app type modal, in the Which products, permissions and features does your app need? section, select Consumer.
- Configure the basic app details. Click Create App.
- Confirm your password. Click Submit.
- On the Add a Product page, for Facebook Login, click Set Up.
- Click Web.
On the Web tab, in the Tell Us about Your
Website section, in the Site URL field, enter
your PingFederate Facebook authentication URL based on the following. Click
Save. Click Continue.
- Disregard the remaining sections on this page, your settings are saved automatically.
In the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs field, enter the same
- Click Save Changes.
Go to App ID and App
. Note your
You will use these in Configuring an adapter instance.
- Optional: Go to Security section, turn on Require App Secret. Click Save Changes. . In the