If you're upgrading from a previous version of the Facebook Login Integration Kit, back up your PingFederate configuration and note your adapter configuration.
- Back up your current PingFederate configuration as shown in Exporting an archive in the PingFederate documentation.
On the PingFederate administrative console, note the following from your adapter
- Scope permissions
- Extended contract attributes
- Attribute mappings
- Complete the steps in Deploying the integration files.
In the PingFederate
administrative console, open your existing IdP adapter instance.
- For PingFederate 10.1 or later: go to . Select your IdP adapter instance.
- For PingFederate 10.0 or earlier: go to . Select your IdP adapter instance.
- Restore the configuration settings that you noted.
If any of the following scope permissions in the Scope
Permissions section are blank, configure it again, and then click
In Advanced Configuration Fields section, update the API
version numbers in the following endpoints:
- Facebook Authentication URL
- Facebook Access Token URL
- Facebook User Data URL
For example, change
For a list of available API versions, see the Graph API Changelog in the Facebook documentation.
To automatically use the oldest available version of the API, remove the
/v2.2or equivalent portion of the URL. For example,
Remove any query parameters from the Facebook User Data URL
For example, change
On the Extended Contract screen, add any non-core attributes
that you want to include in the contract, such as those associated with additional
permissions that you configured.
If you upgraded from a previous version of the Facebook IdP Adapter, add any attributes that were previously configured but are no longer part of the core contract. For a list of core contract attributes, see Core contract attributes reference.
- On the Adapter Attributes tab, set pseudonym and masking options as shown in Set pseudonym and masking options in the PingFederate documentation. Click Next.
- On the Adapter Contract Mapping tab, configure the contract fulfillment details for the adapter as shown in Define the IdP adapter contract in the PingFederate documentation. Remap any attributes that Facebook has deprecated that you want to continue using. Click Next.
- Click Save.