Page created: 30 Sep 2019 |
Page updated: 8 Feb 2022
To allow PingFederate to process social sign-on requests with GitHub, add PingFederate as an OAuth application in the GitHub administrative console.
- Sign on to the GitHub app settings page using a GitHub account.
- Click OAuth Apps.
- Click Register a new OAuth application.
- On the Register a new OAuth application screen, in the Application name field, enter a name, such as PingFederate.
- In the Homepage URLhttps://pf.example.com:9031.
In the Authorization callback URL field, enter the hostname
(or virtual hostname) and port of your PingFederate server followed by the GitHub IdP Adapter instance endpoint, such as
Note: The default endpoint is /github-authn. If you set a custom endpoint here, enter the matching value in the Authorization Callback Endpoint field of your adapter instance configuration in Configuring an adapter instance.
- Click Register application.
- On the OAuth application page, note the Client ID field, enter the hostname (or virtual and Client Secret to use in Configuring an adapter instance.