The GitHub Provisioner synchronizes users from your datastore to GitHub. The behavior of each provisioning capability is described below.
You can configure these capabilities in the Configure PingFederate for provisioning and SSO step of the setup process.
Synchronizing existing users
PingFederate synchronizes users based on the
Username attribute in GitHub. If a user already exists in your datastore and GitHub, mapping this attribute correctly links the two records
- In GitHub, Janet's
- In your datastore, Janet's
- On the Attribute Mapping tab of your provisioning connection
configuration, you map the
- When the provisioning connector runs, the datastore user is provisioned with a
email@example.com. That matches Janet's existing
Usernamein GitHub, so her information in the datastore is synchronized to her GitHub account.
- A user is added to the datastore group or filter that is targeted by the provisioning connector.
The Source Location tab of your provisioning connection configuration defines which users PingFederate targets for provisioning.
PingFederate updates users when a user attribute changes in your datastore.
The Attribute Mapping tab of your provisioning connection configuration defines which attributes PingFederate monitors for changes.
PingFederate deprovisions users when one of the following happens:
- A user is deleted from the user store.
- A user is disabled in the user store.
- A user is removed from the datastore group or filter that is targeted by the provisioning connector.