The PingFederate GitHub Enterprise Managed Users (EMU) Provisioner enables an enterprise to provision users and groups to GitHub. A quick connection template is also included to simplify the configuration of single sign-on (SSO).
For more information on GitHub EMU, see the GitHub website.
- Outbound User Provisioning
- Outbound Group Provisioning
- Browser-based single sign-on (SSO) initiated by the service provider (SP) or identity provider (IdP)
- Pre-populates some connection settings with the included quick connection template and SAML metadata file
- Includes support for user life cycle management (including creates, updates, disables, and deletes)
- Includes configuration options for workflow capabilities (for example, the ability to disable updates)
GitHub EMU does not support user or group provisioning until SSO/SAML is configured.
This document is intended for PingFederate administrators.
If you need help during the setup process, see the following sections of the PingFederate documentation:
- PingFederate 9.0 or later with Java 8.
- Might require the following endpoints to be whitelisted on the firewall to allow
- https://api.github.com/scim/v2/enterprises/<enterprise slug>
- A GitHub Enterprise Cloud account with Enterprise Managed Users and SAML single sign-on enabled.