Page created: 15 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 8 Feb 2022
The One-Time Passcode Integration Kit includes two Twilio-based notification publishers. They use two Twilio APIs that offer different features and behavior.
Twilio Programmable API Notification Publisher
- Uses the Twilio Programmable API, a generic messaging API.
- Supports SMS messages and voice calls. For more information, see Programmable SMS and Programmable Voice in the Twilio documentation.
- Allows you to manually customize or localize messages using the templates and message files included in this integration.
- Allows you to redact the last four digits of phone numbers that appear in the Twilio administrator console. For more information, see Message Redaction Supports Phone Number and Content Privacy for Sensitive Applications in the Twilio blog and the Twilio Message Redaction request form.
Twilio Verify API Notification Publisher
- Uses the newer Twilio Verify API, which is designed to send one-time passcodes. For details, see Verify in the Twilio documentation.
- Supports SMS messages, voice calls, and email.
- SMS and voice calls do not support message customization, but support automatic localization of the default messages.
- Email support is provided through an integration between Twilio and SendGrid. It allows some customization. See Send Serverless Emails using SendGrid and Twilio Functions in the Twilio documentation.
- Shows phone numbers in clear text in the Twilio administrator console for 30 days after each transaction. Phone numbers are encrypted in the backend server at all times.