The follow are two common uses for the PingOne Verify Integration Kit.
When a user signs on, you can use PingOne Verify to verify a user's identity instead of, or in combination with, a standard multi-factor authentication (MFA) step.
- Frequency, such as annually
- Group, such as for members of the "contractors" group
- Account age, such as for accounts made in the last two months
- Past verification, such as users that have never completed the verification process
- Security risk, such as for users with a PingOne Risk risk evaluation of "MEDIUM" or "HIGH"
You can create these rules in your PingFederate authentication policy.
When a person registers a new user account, you can use PingOne Verify to verify their identity against a piece of government photo ID. By requiring identity verification, you can reduce the number of accounts created by bots, spammers, and imposters.
Optionally, your mobile app can use the reliable information from the person's government photo ID to populate user attributes in your datastore.