The Salesforce Provisioner allows PingFederate to integrate with Salesforce customer relations management (CRM) products, such as Sales, Communities, and Chatter. The integration enables single sign-on (SSO) and allows PingFederate to provision users and groups to Salesforce.
Allows PingFederate to manage users and groups in Salesforce based on changes in an external user data store. Includes a quick-connection template that helps you create a connection to Salesforce by pre-populating some configuration settings.
The provisioner allows you to enable the create, update, and disable capabilities independently, and customize other provisioning behaviors.
- Manages users
- Creates, updates, and disables users.
- Allows you to enable the create, update, and disable capabilities independently.
- Allows you to provision users with a "disabled" status.
- Allows you to deprovision users with a "freeze" or "disable" action.
- Allows you to merge or overwrite user permission sets.
- Manages groups
- Creates and deletes groups.
- Updates group memberships.
- Enables browser-based SSO initiated by the service provider (SP) or identity provider (IdP).
- Pre-populates some connection settings with the included quick connection template.
This document is intended for PingFederate administrators.
If you need help during the setup process, see the following resources:
- The following sections of the PingFederate documentation:
- PingFederate 8.0 or later
- Administrator access to a Salesforce organization account. The account must have "View All Data" permissions. For more information about account permissions, see Enable OAuth Settings for API Integration in the Salesforce documentation.
- To provision to Salesforce Communities, the communities feature must be enabled in Salesforce.
- To allow PingFederate to make outbound connections to Salesforce, you might need to allow the following endpoint in your firewall: https://your_salesforce_domain.com