The Salesforce Connector quick-connection template helps you create a connection to Salesforce by pre-populating some configuration settings. Some of the configuration information comes from a SAML metadata XML file that you can export from the Salesforce console after registering PingFederate as a single sign-on (SSO) provider. For detailed configuration instructions, see Configure SAML Settings for Single Sign-On in the Salesforce documentation.
- Sign on to Salesforce as an administrator.
- On the Setup console, on the search bar, enter Single Sign-On Settings, and then click Single Sign-On Settings.
- On the Single Sign-On Settings screen, under SAML Single Sign-On Settings, click New.
- On the SAML Single Sign-On Settings screen, enter the SAML information for your PingFederate server.
- In the Name field, enter a name of your choosing, such as My PingFederate Instance.
- In the API Name field, enter a name of your choosing without spaces or special characters, such as MyPingFederateInstance.
In the Issuer field, do one of the following:
- If you want PingFederate to use a custom entity ID with Salesforce, enter a name of your choosing. When you complete Creating a connection, add the name in the Virtual Server IDs field.
- Otherwise, enter the SAML 2.0 Entity ID that you chose in Enabling provisioning and single sign-on in PingFederate
- For Identity Provider Certificate, upload your PingFederate signing certificate.
In the Entity ID field, do one of the following:
- If you want to integrate with Salesforce Communities, enter the URL for
your Salesforce community.
On the Salesforce Setup console, on the screen, copy your community URL.
- Otherwise, enter your Salesforce domain. For example, "mycompany.my.salesforce.com" in the URL https://mycompany.my.salesforce.com.
- If you want to integrate with Salesforce Communities, enter the URL for your Salesforce community.
In the Identity Provider Login URL field, enter the
PingFederate endpoint URL for SSO.
Tip: After you complete the steps in Creating a connection, you can copy the SSO URL from the connection summary screen.
- Optional: In the Custom Logout URL field, enter the logout URL for your IdP application. Salesforce redirects a user to this URL after ending the Salesforce session.
- Click Save.
- On the SAML Single Sign-On Settings screen, click Download Metadata. Save the SAMLSP-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml file.