To allow PingFederate to manage users in Salesforce, configure a service provider (SP) connection.
Configure PingFederate to provision users and groups to Salesforce, and enable single sign-on. For general information, see Configure outbound provisioning in the PingFederate documentation.
In the PingFederate
administrator console, create a new SP connection:
- For PingFederate 10.1 or later: go to Create Connection. . Click
- For PingFederate 10.0 or earlier: go to Create Connection. . Click
- On the Connection Template tab, select Do not use a template for this connection. Click Next.
- On the Connection Type tab, select only Outbound Provisioning. From the Type list, select Salesforce Contacts Provisioner. Click Next.
On the General Info tab, configure the basic connection
- In the Entity ID field, enter any value. This field is not used for this integration.
- In the Connection Name field, enter a name of your choosing. Click Next.
On the Outbound Provisioning tab, configure provisioning
with the following details.
For help, see Configuring outbound provisioning in the PingFederate documentation.
- On the Target tab, in the Client ID field, enter the Consumer Key that you noted in Registering PingFederate as a connected app in Salesforce.
- In the Client Secret field, enter the Consumer Secret that you noted in Registering PingFederate as a connected app in Salesforce.
- In the OAuth Access Token field, enter the Access Token that you noted in Getting an API access token from Salesforce.
- In the OAuth Refresh Token field, enter the Refresh Token that you noted in Getting an API access token from Salesforce.
- In the Salesforce Domain field, enter the domain of your Salesforce site. For example, mycompany.my.salesforce.com in the URL https://mycompany.my.salesforce.com.
- From the Salesforce Record Type list, select the type of record you want to create in Salesforce.
- Under Provisioning Options, customize the provisioning connector behavior by referring to Provisioning options reference.
- On the Activation and Summary tab, above the Summary section, click the toggle to turn on the connection. Click Save.