The Salesforce Contacts Provisioner links users from a data store to Lead or Contact records in Salesforce. The behavior of each provisioning capability is described below.
Synchronizing existing Lead and Contact records
The provisioning connector synchronizes users from the data store to Salesforce based on the
When you configure the attribute mappings in your service provider connection, you can
set up synchronization by populating the
- In Salesforce, Janet's
- In your data store, Janet's
- On the Attribute Mapping screen, you map the
- When the provisioning connector runs, the data store user is provisioned with an
email@example.com. That matches Janet's existing
Lead and Contact record provisioning
- A user is added to the data store group or filter that is targeted by the provisioning connector.
The target is determined by the Source Location screen in the provisioning connector configuration.
Lead and Contact record updates
Triggered when a change occurs to a user attribute that is mapped in the provisioning connector configuration.
Lead and Contact record deprovisioning
- A user is deleted from the user store.
- A user is disabled in the user store.
- A user is removed from the data store group or filter that is targeted by the provisioning connector.