If you use Slack Standard or Plus, configure SSO as follows.
- Sign on to Slack as a Workspace Owner.
- Click your workspace name, and then click .
- In the navigation pane, click Authentication.
- On the Settings & Permissions page, for SAML Authentication, click Configure.
- Select Custom SAML 2.0 and click Configure.
In the SAML 2.0 Endpoint (HTTP) field, enter
For example: https://pf.example.com:9031/idp/SSO.saml2
- In the Identity Provider Issuer field, enter the SAML 2.0 Entity ID that you created in Enabling single sign-on in PingFederate.
In the Public Certificate field, enter the contents of
your PingFederate signing certificate.
To get your certificate, see Exporting a certificate in Managing digital signing certificates and decryption keys in the PingFederate documentation.
- Click Save Configuration.
Sign out of Slack, and then sign back on using SSO.
This saves your configuration and sends an email to team members inviting them set up SSO with their Slack accounts.