Page created: 24 Jul 2019 |
Page updated: 8 Feb 2022
There are no known issues.
- Due to a limitation in Slack, the username attribute cannot be updated after it is set.
- Due to limitations in PingFederate, user attributes cannot be cleared after they are set.
- The unique user identifier (
primaryEmail) that you choose when you create your connection to Slack can only be changed be deleting the connection, restarting PingFederate, and then creating a new connection.
- When using multiple channels, the same unique user identifier mapping is required to coordinate manager assignments across different channels.
- When an LDAP user is deleted in a targeted group distinguished name (DN), the provisioning connector does not propagate the deletion until a new user is added to the group. This limitation is compounded when the User Create provisioning option is disabled. For solutions, see SaaS provisioner does not remove the user in the Knowledge Base.
- Due to a limitation in Slack, PingFederate cannot create users in a disabled state. If a user is disabled in your datastore, it will not be created in Slack by the provisioner.
- For more information on Slack provisioning limitations, see SCIM API in the Slack API documentation.
- In PingFederate 8.1 and earlier, when you configure a second SP connection with the provisioning connector, the second connection may be pre-populated with the channel from the first connection. To avoid conflicts, remove this pre-populated channel and create a unique channel for each connection.