Page created: 5 Jul 2022 |
Page updated: 5 Jul 2022
The Symantec VIP Integration Kit allows PingFederate to use Symantec VIP as a second authentication factor for single sign-on.
- Symantec VIP IdP Adapter
- Allows PingFederate to contact the Symantec VIP API, which triggers a multi-factor authentication (MFA) request for the user.
- Accepts a security code from earlier in the authentication flow to allow users to sign on without a prompt.
- Allows users to add and reset authentication credentials.
- Security code prompt page
- Allows users to manually enter a security code from Symantec VIP or choose an authentication method.
- Language pack
- Allows you to customize or localize the messages shown to the user during authentication.
This document is intended for PingFederate administrators.
Before starting, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the following:
- Managing IdP Adapters in the PingFederate documentation
- Authentication policies in the PingFederate documentation
- PingFederate 10.2 or later
- A Symantec VIP account