Page created: 24 Jul 2019 |
Page updated: 8 Feb 2022
Configure the Symantec VIP Adapter to allow PingFederate to use Symantec VIP as an authentication factor.
- Sign on to the PingFederate administrative console.
- On the Create New Instance. tab, click
On the Type tab, set the basic adapter instance
- In the Instance Name field, enter a name for the adapter instance.
- In the Instance ID field, enter a unique identifier for the adapter instance.
- In the Type list, select Symantec VIP Adapter. Click Next.
- On the IdP Adapter tab, configure the adapter instance by referring to Symantec VIP Adapter settings reference. Click Next.
- On the Extended Contract tab, add any attributes that you expect to retrieve in addition to the core contract attributes. Click Next.
- Complete the adapter configuration.
- On the Summary tab, check that the configuration is correct. Click Done.
- On the Manage IdP Adapter Instances tab, click Save.
Modify your PingFederate authentication policy to pass attributes to your Symantec
VIP Adapter instance from earlier in the authentication flow. The adapter expects the
usernameattribute, and also accepts the optional security code attribute that you defined in the Security Code Attribute Name field. For general information about configuring authentication policies, see Policies in the PingFederate documentation.