The Workplace from Facebook Provisioner synchronizes users from your datastore to Workplace from Facebook. The following describes the behavior of each provisioning capability.
You can configure the following capabilities and specify which users to provision when you get to the Creating a provisioning connection part of the setup process.
Synchronizing existing users
PingFederate synchronizes users
based on the
UserName attribute in
Workplace from Facebook. If a user already exists in your datastore and
Workplace from Facebook, mapping this attribute correctly links the two
- In Workplace from Facebook, Janet's
- In your datastore, Janet's
- On the Attribute Mapping tab of your provisioning connection
configuration, map the
- When the provisioning connector runs, the datastore user is provisioned with a
jsmith. That matches Janet's existing
UserNamein Workplace from Facebook, so her information in the datastore is synchronized to her Workplace from Facebook account.
PingFederate provisions users when any of the following happens:
- A user is added to the datastore group or filter that is targeted by the provisioning connector.
- A user with
disabledstatus is added to the datastore group or filter that is targeted by the provisioning connector, and the Provision disabled users provisioning option is enabled. This feature is not available in all provisioning connectors.
You can define which users PingFederate targets for provisioning on the Source Location tab of your provisioning connection configuration.
PingFederate updates users when a user attribute changes in your datastore.
You can define which attributes PingFederate monitors for changes on the Attribute Mapping tab of your provisioning connection configuration.
PingFederate deprovisions users when any of the following happens:
- A user is deleted from the user store.
- A user is disabled in the user store.
- A user is removed from the datastore group or filter that is targeted by the provisioning connector.