Page created: 19 Nov 2019 |
Page updated: 16 Jul 2020
You must install Java on your server before installing PingFederate Bridge. PingFederate has been tested in the following Java environments:
- Amazon Corretto 11
- Amazon Corretto 8
- OpenJDK 11
- Oracle Java SE Development Kit 11 LTS
- Oracle Java SE Runtime Environment (Server JRE) 8
Note: Ping Identity Java Support Policy applies. Refer to this article for more information.
Due to the import restrictions of some countries, Oracle Server JRE (Java SE Runtime Environment) 8 has built-in restrictions on available cryptographic strength (key size). To use larger key sizes, the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) "unlimited strength" jurisdiction policy must be enabled. For more information, see the Java 8 release notes from Oracle.
For Oracle Java SE Development Kit 11, the JCE jurisdiction policy defaults to unlimited strength. For more information, see the Oracle JDK Migration Guide.
- Download and install a Java runtime.
- Set the JAVA_HOME system environment variable to the Java installation directory.
- Modify the Path system environment variable to include the path to the Java bin directory.