Using PingID mobile app swipe authentication so you can access your Apple Mac machine.
- Your Apple Mac is running Mac OS v10.13 or later.
- You have paired your iOS device (iPhone, or iPad).
If you have the PingID app running on your mobile device, and your organization is using swipe authentication, when signing on to your resources, you are prompted to swipe to authenticate.
Sign on to your Mac machine.
The Authenticating window opens, and an authentication notification request is sent to your mobile device.
Accept the authentication notification, depending on your mobile's notification
You'll see the green checkmark indicating authentication is successful.
- If your device is locked, long press the notification until it shows the option to approve or deny the request, and then tap Approve.
- If your device is unlocked, pull down the notification until it shows the
option to Approve or Deny the request, and then tap
Approve.Note: If configured by your organization, you'll see a map on the notification screen, showing the location, device type, and browser used by the device attempting to accessing your account or app. This can help you identify a fraudulent authentication attempt.
- If your mobile phone is unlocked and PingID is open, swipe to authenticate.
You're signed on to your Mac machine.