Authenticate using PingID mobile app when your
- Your Apple Mac is running Mac OS v10.13 or later.
- Your device has PingID mobile app V1.8 or higher paired with your account.
- You have paired your device and authenticated online with PingID at least once to the Mac machine that you are trying to access.
- You have a working camera on your device, with PingID mobile app camera permissions set to Approve. For more information, see PingID mobile app management.
If you try to sign on to your Mac machine without having a network connection (e.g., in airplane mode, or when without Wi-Fi connection), you might be asked to authenticate manually using the PingID mobile app. Authenticating manually is slightly different than the way you usually sign on.
If you have paired a security key for offline authentication, you also see the option to choose your security key to authenticate.
Sign on to your Mac machine.
You'll see a notice telling you that you need to manually authenticate.
If you have more than one device paired with your account, you'll see a list of your devices. Select the device you want to use to authenticate.
You'll see a Manual Authentication message, displaying a QR code, requesting that you authenticate manually.
- On your mobile device, open PingID mobile app.
Manual Auth. Authenticate with your device biometrics, if
The QR code scanner for manual authentication opens.
Use your mobile device to scan the QR code displayed on the Manual
You'll receive an authentication code.
Enter the authentication code into the Manual Authentication
window, and click Sign on.
You're signed on to your machine.