There are many authentication methods that your company can enable to allow you to securely authenticate with PingID as a second factor of authentication when accessing your VPN or any remote access clients that support the RADIUS protocol.
To access a VPN, you can authenticate using:
- PingID mobile app: Authenticate using the PingID app on your Android or iOS mobile device with swipe, biometrics authentication, Apple Watch, or a one-time passcode (OTP). PingID mobile app can also be used to authenticate manuallywhen offline.
- Desktop app: If you pair desktop app through the web, you can use it to generate a one-time passcode (OTP) to authenticate securely to access your VPN.
- Authenticator app: Generate a one-time passcode using an authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator.
- YubiKey: Connect your YubiKey to your machine and then tap to generate a one-time passcode.
- SMS or voice: You receive a one-time passcode (OTP) by SMS or by voice call.
- Email: You receive an OTP by email.
- Hardware token: You are asked for an OTP, which you copy from your hardware token.
To benefit from secure, multi-factor authentication using PingID, first you must pair or connect your device with your account.