Authenticate using the built-in biometrics on your iPhone or iPad device with PingID, when accessing your account or app using a web browser.
- Ensure that you paired your iOS or iPadOS biometrics device with PingID. For information, see Pairing your iOS or iPadOS biometrics device.
- Use a browser that supports FIDO2 biometrics, such as Safari 14 or later, and make sure that you have the latest version of the browser.
- Ensure that you are using a device with iOS or iPadOS 14 or later, and have biometrics set up on your device (such as Face ID or fingerprint).
The authentication process varies slightly depending on your browser and your organization's implementation.
The following animations demonstrate the two most common implementations of biometrics authentication with PingID for iOS:
- Passwordless authentication: Authenticate using your biometrics, without entering a username or password.
- Second factor authentication: Enter your username and password, and then authenticate with your biometrics device.