To set up PingID mobile app for secure authentication, you need to download the app to your Android device, and then register or 'pair' PingID mobile app with your account.
If you want to use your Android device biometrics to authenticate with PingID mobile app or your organization requires it, you must first configure biometrics, such as fingerprint, face, or iris, on your device.
Not all Android devices support all types of Biometric authentication with PingID. Fingerprint authentication is supported on all devices from Android 6.x and later. For more information, see Troubleshooting PingID authentication.
Setting up PingID to authenticate using your mobile device typically involves the following steps:
- Download PingID from your app store, or through the email link you receive from your organization.
- Pair your device. Pairing a device creates a trust between your device and your
After you have paired your device and authenticated successfully, you can also use it to authenticate for Windows login, or Mac login, if required.
Setting up PingID might vary slightly depending on the device model you are using. Also, the windows you see might vary from the ones shown below.
Sign on to your account or app and when you see the registration window and click
You'll see the Add a New Device window, showing the QR code.
Download and install the PingID
app using one of the following options:
- From Google Play App Store: On your mobile device, open Google Play Apps Store and tap Install.
- Using the Google Play link: On the PingID registration screen, search for PingID, tap the Available for Android button (), and from the Google Play store site, install the app remotely on your Google-registered mobile device.
If you have antivirus software installed, you may receive a message that PingID is seeking root access to your device. If so, select Yes, or Trust.
- Details of your pairing key and QR code are displayed on your web browser. If you are using the Legacy Registration Window, on the PingID registration window, click the I already installed the PingID app button () to view the QR code.
After the PingID app is
installed, on your mobile device, tap Open.
The PingID mobile app opens.
The first time you access PingID mobile app, you'll be asked to accept the terms of
service. Tap Accept.
A message opens telling you to accept all PingID permission requests, including notification requests, and camera permissions when prompted to do so.
Tap I Understand.
The Welcome to PingID information window opens, giving you an introduction to PingID mobile app and how it works.
Tap Continue, and then tap Allow and
OK to accept all camera and location permission requests
From the PingID app on your
device, point your device at the QR code on your browser to scan it.
If you are unable to scan the QR code, on your mobile device tap Enter Pairing Key Manually and enter the pairing key as shown on the registration page.
You'll see a green checkmark indicating the pairing request is successful, and the Complete Your Profile window opens automatically.