Page created: 3 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 29 Nov 2020
This is an example installation of PingID SSH for 64-bit Ubuntu or Debian distributions. Your installation might vary depending on your particular configuration.
Retrieve the latest versions of packages and their dependencies:
sudo apt-get update
Install the following packages:
- Compilers and utilities
- OpenSSL development version
- libCURL development version
- libPAM development version
sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libpam-dev
- Download and extract the PingID package.
Go to the PingID installation directory:
Execute the following command, where
--prefixpoints to the base folder into which you wish to install:
./configure --with-pam --prefix=/usr
Build and install PingID SSH:
sudo make install
- Download the properties file. See Obtaining the PingID properties file for SSH.
Copy the properties file to
sudo cp pingid.properties /usr/etc/pingid/pingid.propertiesImportant: Do not make any changes to the contents of the file.
- Pair the end user device. See Pairing the end user device.