|PingID SDK component||Module||Submodule||Version||Status|
PingID Mobile SDK
|PingID Mobile SDK for Android||1.2||New|
|PingID Mobile SDK for iOS||1.2||New|
|PingID SDK Server sample code||1.2||New|
PingFederate PingID SDK Integration Kit 1.2
PingFederate PingID SDK IDP Adapter 1.2
|PingFederate PingID SDK IDP Adapter||1.2||New|
|PingFederate PingID SDK IDP Selector||1.0||Unchanged|
|PingFederate PingID SDK Connector||1.1||Unchanged|
PingID SDK has been extended with the following features:
- QR code based authentication
- QR code based authentication is now available for PingID SDK, providing secure passwordless authentication for both customer server and PingFederate implementations. PingID SDK authentication flows optimize the user experience, and allow the user to choose between the already supported push based authentication and the new passwordless login option, which is particularly significant in cases where a user logs on from a public computer. Refer to Supported PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate flows and Supported multifactor authentication (MFA) methods for further information.
- Transaction approval for PingFederate
- Transaction approval using context-related information (dynamic parameters) is now available for the PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate. Refer to Supported PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate flows and Supported multifactor authentication (MFA) methods for further information.
- Multiple apps on one PingID SDK adapter
- Support for linking multiple apps to one PingID SDK adapter. (Previously, a separate adapter was required for each app.) Refer to Configuring the PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate ( ) for further details.
- Proxy support
- Proxy support for the PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate. Refer to Know the PingID SDK using the Moderno sample app (PingID SDK properties file) for further information.
- Mobile APIs
- PingID mobile SDK for iOS and Android was extended with the following new mobile APIs:
Mobile API Description
Set the authentication result of the user’s selection in the customer app (APPROVE, DENY, or BLOCK).Note:
setAuthenticationUserSelectionhas new parameters in PingID SDK Mobile SDK 1.2. The previous version of
setAuthenticationUserSelectionis supported for backward compatibility.
Returns the trusted status of the current device.
Validates the authentication token of a QR code scan.
Retrieves the token status when it changes.
Refer to PingID SDK Mobile API for further information
- Moderno sample app
- Support of QR code based authentication
- Mobile camera permissions were added, as part of QR code based authentication support. Refer to the code samples included in the PingID SDK Integration Kit package available at PingID Downloads.