Page created: 3 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 12 Oct 2021
Authenticate using a security key.
- Ensure you are using a browser that supports the use of a security key, such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, and that you have the latest version of the browser. The authentication process might vary slightly depending on the browser that you are using.
- To authenticate with a mobile device, the mobile device must be running either:
- Android devices: Android 7 or later
- iOS devices: iOS 13.3 or later
- If you are using a virtual machine (VM) to connect to your accessing device and want to authenticate using your security key, ensure your VM is configured to recognize a USB device.
The authentication process may vary slightly depending on the browser that you are using, and your organization's implementation.
The following animations demonstrate the two most common implementations of security key authentication with PingID:
- Passwordless authentication (no username or password