Page created: 3 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 12 Oct 2021
Authenticate using your YubiKey hardware token.
- Pair your YubiKey with your account to enable authentication.
- If you are using a virtual machine (VM) to connect to your accessing device and to authenticate with your YubiKey, configure your VM to recognize a USB device.
Sign on to your account or access an application that requires authentication.
The YubiKey Authentication window appears, prompting you to enter a YubiKey passcode.
Insert the YubiKey into your computer USB port. Press the YubiKey button.
Make sure the YubiKey Authentication window is selected as the active screen before you press the YubiKey button.A one-time passcode (OTP) automatically generates and enters into the YubiKey Authentication window.Note:
If you are using a YubiKey Neo and need to register using a browser on your mobile device through NFC, the process is different. To complete the registration process:
- Download the YubiClip application to your mobile device and enable NFC.
- Place the YubiKey next to your mobile device. The verification code is copied to the device clipboard.
- Paste the code into the YubiKey Authentication field in your browser. Tap Verify.
Click Sign On.
A green check mark appears, indicating authentication is successful and your access is approved.