Upgrade the PingID multi-factor authentication (MFA) adapter for Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
This operation involves restarting the AD FS service. Once the upgrade is complete, select the PingID MFA Adapter as an MFA method in AD FS.
If you have another MFA provider installed on your AD FS instance, but it is not configured correctly, you may not be able to upgrade PingID MFA Adapter for AD FS and may receive an error when running the PingID MFA installer. . To avoid potential software conflicts that could prevent proper installation, we recommend that you disable any existing MFA Authentication methods that are not used before you install PingID Adapter for AD FS.
- On the PingID Downloads page, go to Integrations, and download and extract the file for AD FS.
- To launch the setup wizard, run PingIdAdfsAdapter<version>.exe.
- When the wizard launches, click Next.
- Review the Software License Agreement, click I accept the agreement, and then click Next.
After the installation finishes, the path to the installation log is displayed. The installation log provides additional information about the installation.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.