Page created: 3 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 31 Dec 2020
If you have the PingID app running on your mobile device and fingerprint authentication is not enabled, swipe to authenticate for your Android device.
The authentication process might vary slightly depending on the Android version and the notification settings on your device. Some Android versions give you the option to approve the push notification from the lock screen.
From your web browser or application, sign on to your VPN:
An authentication notification is sent to your device.
Enter your username and password.
If you have more than one device paired with your account, a message appears, displaying a list of all your currently paired devices.
- For multiple devices only: enter the number of the device you want to use to authenticate.
- Click Sign In.
- Enter your username and password.
On your device, either:
- If a PingID notification is shown, approve the notification.
- If the PingID mobile app opens, swipe up when prompted to do so.
A green Authenticated message with a check mark appears, indicating successful authentication and PingID closes. You are automatically signed on to your VPN.
- For Android version 10 and earlier, you must unlock your device to authenticate.
- When opening PingID mobile app, update your location permissions to Allow all the time, if prompted to do so.