Page created: 3 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 14 Apr 2021
If you are using PingFederate 9.0 or earlier, you must create a composite adapter to enable secondary or primary authentication.
This is part of the flow mentioned in the following topics.
- Configuring a PingFederate policy for primary authentication
- Configuring a PingFederate policy for secondary authentication
Although it is possible to configure a composite adapter when running PingFederate 9.1 or higher, it is not recommended.
- Go to .
- Click Create New Instance.
- For general instructions on creating a composite adapter instance for PingFederate 9.0 or earlier, see Configure the composite adapter.
- On the Type tab, select Composite Adapter from the Type list.
- On the IdP Adapter tab, select the IdP adapter instance you're using for the initial primary authentication and the PingID adapter you've configured, and add them to the composite adapter. For more information, see Configuring a PingID Adapter instance.
- Click Next to continue configuring the adapter instance.