PingID allows you to use your mobile device to sign on to your company services and applications with the added security of multi-factor authentication.
The PingID mobile app enables you to authenticate from your mobile device with swipe, biometrics, or a one-time passcode depending on your company and device configuration. Use the PingID mobile app to authenticate when accessing your account or app from any device.
The PingID Mobile app using biometrics (fingerprint, face, or iris authentication) and Biometric web authentication are different methods of authentication:
- PingID mobile app: Allows you to authenticate when accessing your account from various different devices. Requires you to install PingID mobile app on your mobile device, and to pair it with your account.
- Biometrics authentication: Allows you to authenticate using your device's built-in biometrics, when signing on to your account, without downloading an app. You can only sign on to your account from the same device with which you want to authenticate (available on Using Windows Hello for authentication, Mac, and Android devices).
You do not need to launch the PingID app each time you want to authenticate. As long as it is running in the background, a push notification automatically appears on your screen or lock screen prompting you to authenticate.
You can also launch the PingID app to access additional options:
- Get a one-time passcode (OTP) or generate a new passcode for authentication. This is useful when your mobile device is offline and you do not have data or Wi-Fi access because your mobile device will not receive the push notifications that prompt you to authenticate using the PingID service.
- Add an organization: if you want to use the PingID mobile app to authenticate against
accounts in more than one organization.
- Unpair your device: if you no longer want to use PingID to authenticate.
- Change your device: to move PingID authentication to a new device.
- Edit profile: to edit your profile picture or name.
- Swipe settings: if you have network issues and want to authenticate using a one-time password that can be generated from the PingID app, rather than swipe or biometrics.
- Send logs: send a log of your activity to customer support for help when
See also PingID mobile app management.