Page created: 19 Oct 2020 |
Page updated: 29 Nov 2020
You can authenticate using your authenticator app, such as the Google authenticator or the Microsoft authenticator, to generate a passcode that you can use to authenticate with PingID.
- Your Apple Mac is running Mac OS v10.13 or later.
- You have paired your authenticator app.
When using your authenticator app to get a passcode:
- If you have more than one account paired with your authenticator app, make sure you select the passcode that corresponds to the account you are trying to access.
- The passcode changes approximately every 30 seconds. When prompted to authenticate, enter the most recent passcode.
- A passcode can only be used once.
Sign on to your Mac machine.
You'll see the Authentication window, prompting you to enter a passcode.
Launch your authenticator app.
The authenticator app displays a one-time passcode for your account.
This example shows the Google authenticator.
Enter the passcode into the Authentication window, and then
click Sign On.
You'll see the green checkmark indicating authentication is successful and you are signed on to your machine.