Page created: 31 May 2022 |
Page updated: 31 May 2022
Authenticate using the built-in biometrics on your iPhone or iPad device.
- Ensure you paired your iOS or iPadOS biometrics device with PingID. For information, see Setting up iOS or iPadOS biometrics authentication.
- Use a browser that supports FIDO2 biometrics, such as Safari 14 or later, and make sure that you have the latest version of the browser.
- Ensure you are using a device with iOS or iPadOS 14 or later, and have biometrics set up on your device (such as Face ID or fingerprint).
The authentication process varies slightly depending on your browser and your organization's implementation.
The following animations demonstrate the two most common implementations of biometrics authentication with PingID for iOS:
- Passwordless authentication: authenticate using your
biometrics, without entering a username or password.
- Second factor authentication: Enter your username and
password, and then authenticate with your biometrics device.