Page created: 3 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 22 May 2023
Authenticate using your device biometrics, such as fingerprint or Face recognition, with the PingID mobile app. Authentication varies slightly depending on your phone model, phone settings, and whether your device is locked or unlocked when sending the authentication request.
- Biometrics authentication is only available if the option is enabled by your organization.
- The authentication process may vary slightly depending on the Android version and the notification settings on your device. (The images shown here relate to a Samsung device. Actual implementation may vary according to device model.)
- Some Android devices do not support face or iris authentication with PingID. If you are not able to authenticate with face or iris authentication, we recommend using fingerprint authentication (see also Troubleshooting PingID authentication).
Sign in to your account, or access the application that requires authentication.
You'll see the Authenticating screen, and an authentication
notification request is sent to your device.
Accept the authentication notification, depending on your mobile's notification
- If you see the notification screen appears, slide the notification down until
you see the option to approve or deny the request, and then
- If configured by your organization, you'll see a map on the notification screen, showing the location, device type, and browser used by the device attempting to accessing your account or app. This can help you identify a fraudulent authentication attempt.
- For Android version 10 and higher, you must unlock your device to authenticate.
- If PingID mobile app opens, authenticate using your biometrics.
Note: When opening PingID mobile app, update your location permissions to Allow all the time, if prompted to do so.
- If you see the notification screen appears, slide the notification down until you see the option to approve or deny the request, and then tap Approve.
You might be asked to authenticate by number matching. If so, you'll see a number
on the Authentication screen and you'll need to open PingID
mobile app, and select the same number. If you don't see the option, skip this