If a user forgets their PIN, they'll need to do the following:
- Unpair the local instance of the desktop app on the user's PC or Mac.
- Unpair the user from the PingID service, either by the user through their My Devices window, or by the administrator through the PingID admin portal.
- The user should then pair their desktop app again and create a new PIN code.
Have the user unpair the desktop app from their local machine.
- For Windows: Launch the desktop app and go to .
- For Mac: Launch the desktop app and from the main menu, go to .
Unpair the user's device from the PingID service.
The desktop app service is unpaired.
- The user unpairs the device from the My Devices window. If the Multiple Authentication Devices setting is enabled, and the user has at least one other paired device to use for MFA, the user can unpair the desktop app from the self-service My Devices window. For more information, see Unpairing a device.
- The administrator unpairs the device through the admin portal. For more information, see Unpairing a user's device from the PingID service.